Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Text Message Blow-off - Translated.

There is no better source for blog material than drawing from the adventures one has in the dating world...

I recently went out on a few dates with a guy who I thought was fun and sweet with whom I felt there was a good chemistry. Well, after date #3 all of a sudden, the texts and calls stopped. Not a huge deal, this kind of thing happens all the time...but then, last night, after a week and a half since we last saw each other (this is not including when we ran into each other randomly one day last week)...he sends this message:

"Thought i'd see you at this --- function tonight. Sorry i've been mia, just been super busy, kinda bad timing with everything going on"

That was the guy version...

Here is my interpretation:

"I thought I was going to get a chance to blow you off in person, but since that didn't randomly happen, I am blowing you off via text. Sorry I've been blowing you off by not calling or texting, but in case there was any confusion about whether or not I was actually blowing you off, I was. And now I am formally blowing you off via text."

Seriously? I got the point when I hadn't heard from you in over a week. Save your 10 cents next time.

;)

3 comments:

  1. I saw your post on the cosmopolitan bedroom blog and I live in Austin, TX too!! I will officially be reading yours from now on. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read your post on cosmo blog- have you in favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just waiting on your next post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete