Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Did I Read the Wrong Signals?

So, remember Text Message Blow Off Guy? His text message was basically the catalyst for the beginning of this blog!

What I left out of the original post is that he is a very close friend of the "guy who is currently following around" my girlfriend Mickey. (More on Mickey later, she's great, and probably excellent fodder for future posts!) So after I got the original text, I went out and met Mickey and the "guy who is currently following her around" for drinks. This is when they told me that they had known a week ago that TMBOG wasn't really that into me, they just never told me.

So, after this overwhelming evidence that this guy just wasn't gonna work out for me, I just got over it. It sucks when you get excited about someone only to have it end abruptly...but such is life, besides, I am dating three other guys.

Fast forward to yesterday @ 12:45 I get a text...

TMBOG: "Lunch Today?"

Seriously? Now I am so confused:
1. was the original text message not a blow off?
2. Is he only interested because I never responded to his blow off? (I'm sure his ego was a bit hurt that I didn't seem to "care" he blew me off)
3. Did he accidentally text the wrong person?

I didn't reply until 4pm.

Me: "Hey, been in meetings all day. Rain check?"
(not completely I lie, I was in meetings from 1:30 - 4)

TMBOG: (2 hours later) sounds good.

Uh oh, let the games begin! Oh wait, they already started. Let the games continue!

;)

1 comment:

  1. I like the blog so far and you are a talented writer it seems. Wish you would post more. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete