Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old habits...

So, ever since I had lunch last week with my ex, he's been consuming most of my "free thinking" time. I wonder what he is up to, if he's thinking about me too, and most frustratingly - is he seeing someone?

My plan was to wait until he contacted me again for another date, but it didn't entirely work out as I had planned...

I came home tipsy from brunch on Sunday and proceeded to mid-day drunk text (SO much worse than a 2am drunk text because at least whomever is on the recieving end of a 2am text can pretty much assume you were drunk when you wrote it - this is not the case for a 1:30pm Sunday text - who in their right mind would assume someone would be drunk texting at that hour?)

Me: Thinking of you and smiling... (this was true. But - and I regress to my middle school years to say this - "gag me with a spoon!")
Him: Nice to hear, how was tubing? Went to Krause Springs today, was packed.
...we proceeded to update eachother on our respective weekends...nothing juicy (well, not that I shared with him anyway) or to advance this plot so I'm just gonna spare you the details.
His last text was late on Sunday night, so I didn't reply until Monday morning.

Me: Glad you had a good weekend :)
Him: Worn out, it's been tight quarters in the efficiency (he had 3 friends in town), and we've been doing a lot, I need a break.
Me: Yeah, I bet. Well if you wanna grab a meal or something this week, I'm game. Just lemme know.
Him: Ok when ya thinking?
Me: Friday?
Him: Sounds like good potential, let's touch base as the week goes along, cool?

Excuse me? Um, no, it is not "cool" to "better plans" me!

Me: Slightly insulting. but okay... :)
Him: Just want to check with the guys to see what is going on

Since when do you need permission from your guy friends to make plans without them? Or (and what I think is the more likely option) you are checking with the girl you are seeing to make sure she can hang out on Saturday night...

Me: Haha...that didn't help :). It's fine. Talk soon.
Him: I want to hang out with you :)

Then act like it!!

Me: good.

So Tuesday morning he texted to confirm we were still on for Friday. I said yes. I have been anxious about it all week. I am confused about where we're at. After our lunch he told me he still has feelings for me, so is this a date? I guess I'll find out on Friday - and let ya'll know shortly after that :)

1 comment: