Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dating Bender: Episode 6 - "Dog Days of Summer"

Stats-
Name: Cooper
Age: 5
Occupation: Best Friend (and Wiiiing-Dog!)
Hometown: The Pound
Currently Resides: Parker's House
The Date: A hike "Double-Date" with the humans

A couple days ago I got the idea that Parker and I should introduce our dogs - I told him that we should see if they get along now because no matter how much we like each other, if the kids didn't get along it could be a deal-breaker. I have had my dog for 5 years and he has had his for 4, so it's not like either of us is dealing with a new puppy we could give to our parents or a sibling, ya know? (I think I made him nervous...). But he was so cute he said, "We'll make them get along. We can't let them decide how this is going to go."

This morning we met at the base of Runyon and the introduction went swimmingly. I wasn't nervous since my little Pepper has never met a living creature she didn't want to befriend but Cooper has has some growling incidents with some of the big kids on the playground - when I met him I realized it was probably out of fear more than anything else...he's not a very big guy - but he's super cute.

And come on, Pepper and Cooper? I'm really starting to think Parker and I were made for each other. Leave it to me to set out on a dating bender after 2 1/2 years of meeting no one but losers and jerks in this city only to meet a great guy on the second try. #happypeopleproblems

And those eyes (Parker's, not the dog) ...They are so amazing! They change color with what he's wearing. Today they were bright blue-green! Not to mention he looked so cute in his workout gear and backwards cap. :-)

He is hosting a boys poker night tonight and had to run errands most of the day but we walked to our cars together and played some kissy-face - about as much as we could handle with the post-hike sweatyness and our respective dogs tugging on their leashes - and he said he'll see me Thursday and talk to me later. We have made quite the habit of communicating a lot which feels really good considering most guys like to play a lot of stupid games. (i.e. Bernie AKA Mr. Sunday who still hasn't called me, shocking.)

But Parker has already told me how amazing and pretty he thinks I am - and that he thinks it really sucks that he met me right before he is leaving town for 3 weeks. (On our first date I told him I date a lot so I think he might be nervous I am going to meet someone else while he is gone....). And he even sent me a text after our hike today telling me what a great time he and Cooper had with me and Pepper. I just can't keep saying how cute he is, you see it too, right?

So excited for our Thursday date that was supposed to be our second date but is now our fourth. Dare I say it? Life is good. (Knock on wood).


No comments:

Post a Comment