Monday, June 17, 2013

What a Difference Two and A Half Years Makes...Well, Kinda.

Wow, I am ashamed of myself that I let this project fall by the wayside! For those of you who followed in the early days, have been checking back periodically, or have recently found the blog, I am TRULY sorry. I do, however have what I consider to be a series of pretty decent excuses.

Right after the time of my last post, I went home for the holidays to find out that my mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer. It was one of the most difficult times in my life. I left Austin and moved home to take care of her while she got treatment and to take over her business while she recovered - I am happy to report she has been in full remission for over two years! (knock on wood).

Okay, sad stuff over...

About two years ago, I moved to Los Angeles because I got into Graduate School and have quite possibly been the busiest I could have ever imagined being in my entire life. Now that I graduated (and have yet to find a job quite yet) I FINALLY have some time to focus in on my personal life again...

I was being pursued by a guy who I thought was really great, and he happened to break up with me out of the blue via text last week after an AMAZING date two nights before (more on THAT in the next post). I have since decided that I am going to do a little dating experiment, that hopefully we will all be the beneficiaries of.

With the help of two very convenient dating websites, and possibly some real-life chance encounters, I am going to spend the foreseeable future dating like a man. (Confession: I did watch that stupid movie "Think Like A Man" this weekend, but I had already thought of the idea before that!) And NO, I will not be sleeping around, I am just going to line up a bunch of dates with different "great" guys and compare and contrast them (and write about it for you!) In fact, I already have a date lined up EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. THIS. WEEK. (edit 6/19: Almost every single night this week, and it's starting to look like it's gonna spill well over into next week too!) I'm going to take a page from the male playbook and not focus in on any particular person until they really prove to be something special. And this is LA, so who knows how long that will be...

I think this strategy will help me in particular because I'm pretty monogamous by nature so when I decide I like someone I tend to get excited and want to move into the "relationship phase" pretty quickly; this doesn't usually bode well with the men-folk. I don't know if you know this, but boys scare easily. ;-)

So, buckle up and let the hilarity ensue!

Glad to be back!
Love, p

No comments:

Post a Comment