Friday, June 21, 2013

Juggling

Yeesh! So, one critical aspect of this whole dating bender idea that I didn't fully think through is the management of it. Keeping track of a bunch of guys, who they are, what they do, where they are from, what their families are like, etc. etc... is really complicated. Not to mention, when and where our plans are and where we actually are in the pre-dating, "making plans" process.

Case-in-point: Yesterday I got a phone call from a guy who had said he was going to call me over the weekend (meaning last weekend) to make plans this week. I had totally forgotten because he didn't call and now I am obviously VERY booked. His excuse was quite legitimate - a sick grandfather that he had to care for - but now I have this extra guy I have to fit into the rotation...oops! I guess he is just gonna get bumped to next week... ;-) I'm not complaining, this is what I set out to do and too many dates is a good problem to have, right?

Case-in-point #2: A few days ago I got a text message from the guy I have plans with tonight (Friday) wanting to confirm our plans and I also got a text message from the guy I had plans with on Wednesday confirming out plans for Wednesday. Obviously I responded to the Wednesday guy because he was the priority - but then I totally left the Friday guy hanging for over 24 hours because I straight up forgot about him! That's not usually my style, because it comes off as game-playing, but I guess that's kinda the point of this thing - to not let any one guy take up too much of my time. Well, it's already working...overtime!

That is why I have instituted the "Stats" listings that you may have seen on a couple of the posts so far. As I go through I may add some categories, particularly as I (hopefully) start to go on some second dates with a few of the guys. I've also taken to keeping notes on their "contact" entries in my phone.

Given the above, I'm starting to feel a little bit like this is a sociological experiment rather than fun dating - what do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment