Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pointless Conversation.

I am currently embroiled in one of the more annoying text conversations I have ever had the misfortune to have started...

I met this guy at a mutual friend's party about a month ago. He is pretty cute (I am a super sucker for dimples) and tall and dark and smart (well, he graduated high school at 16 and had his MBA by 22)...but I was kind of turned off by his arrogant attitude, his taste in music, and our seemingly incompatible senses of humor... So really, I didn't mind that he got my number and never called.

About a week ago (while out drinking with said mutual friend) he came up in conversation and I ended up texting him something sassy like..."You never called, I guess it must have worked out with one of your two bingo girls :)" (I swear that made sense in the context of the conversation we had the first night we met) He explained that he had in fact been involved with one of the girls but "funny that I mention that" it had just ended. We exchanged a few more texts that evening and it kinda just went nowhere and I went to bed.

Well, I got a text from him yesterday...he had found out that I lost my job (again, from said mutual friend - who I am slightly irked at for sharing this news with a practical stranger who never found the balls to ask me out). But he was understanding tried to make me feel better by claiming to be jealous of all the free time I now had which I thought was kinda nice. But again, our texts just went nowhere and I went to bed.

In all fairness, I must admit that both times it was me who chose not to respond to the last text message...

So, this morning I decided to text him and ask how he was spending his free time today...he told me and then asked me what I was up to, I told him that I am spending the day in a coffee shop writing my Grad School application essays (and apparently a blog post too ;) but that "as my reward for my hard work today I want to go out and have some fun tonight..." (Hello??? Hint, mother-effing Hint!) So we have basically been exchanging non-committal (a.k.a. B-S) text messages all afternoon. I can't believe he still hasn't asked me out, this is ridiculous! Dating. Grrrrrr. Oh wait, this isn't even dating...Pre-dating. Even bigger Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

3 comments:

  1. so you're saying that you're not interested in him, but still want him to ask you out? just to play games with him. wow, that's awesome... not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did he ask you out or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so frustrating! well, good thing you didn't answer his text at that time. did he suppose you'd be a booty call? that's crazy. well, don't worry, you'll eventually find someone worth your time! when's your next post gonna be?

    ReplyDelete