Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2 days wiser...

Yesterday I was an emotional mess. Today I feel so much better.

I have been thinking (something I do too much of, too often) that I shouldn't let this recent revelation about my ex having an "Alice" set me back. I mean, when I think about it (there I go again...) him telling me doesn't change anything. He would still be seeing her whether I know or not.

Prior to Monday when the bomb dropped I was doing okay. I was still sad, but as I wrote at the beginning of my post, I had a pretty good two weeks. I have to start believing that I deserve to be with someone who wants to be with me. Sounds like a pretty simple concept, right?

Well if he's moved on, then I officially have no excuse not to. So...stay tuned to watch me work on that.

I leave you with two quotes from songs I have found recently that really reflect what I am going through:

"And there were some things that I did not tell him; there were certain things he did not need to know. And there were some days when I did not love him; he didn't understand me. And I don't know why I didn't go." - Ani Difranco, "Rush Hour"

"Who am I kidding? It wasn't meant to be. But you wanted a believer and I needed to believe." - Amanda Marshall, "Why Don't You Love Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment